Solaris Printers

From: Jason Lester <jasonl_at_sysao.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:11:47 GMT

Hi,

We've just lost our Solaris Administrator, and I've been asked if we can print to a printer that's on our network, from the Solaris box. The printer is configured as an IP printer (so I've got it's IP address), but I can's seem to add it as a printer. The printer has an IP address, which maps directly to it (i.e. you can telnet to the printer), which means there is no direct printer server to talk to.

Eventually we want to use this to print from Oracle Financials.

Is there anyone out there who could help me with the step I have to got through to get this thing working, before I lose ALL my hair.

Thanks in advance,

Jason Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 06:11:47 CDT