Trouble with views - quick one this

From: Peter Shaw <peter.shaw_at_tiu.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:32:00 +0100

OK, so I've got Oracle loaded and working (NT) and I'm having a bit of fun working my way through the PL/SQL examples from the online documentation, but one thing is bugging me - views. I can find references to creating and altering them, but how do you "look at" or "open" them, what am I missing, which part of Oracle does this, am I on the right planet? I see that there is a view called "sales" in the demo database - I can't even do anything with this!

I will keep working away through the documentation and I suppose I will get there eventually but a few words to the good from some helpful soul out there could save me an acre of time.

--
Peter
<peter.shaw_at_tiu.co.uk> Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 05:32:00 CDT