HELP :Enterprise Manager

From: Joao Ricardo B Oliveira <jricardo_at_ipb.pt>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 19:42:38 +0100

Hi there...

    I've two databases installed on NT4.0. In one of those db's i've got the repository of OEM. Should i have a separated database to work only with the repository of OEM ?

    For example i scheduled a Job "shutdown immediate in OEM" followed by another job with a Backup script generated by Backup Manager. Of course... when the database shutdowns the repository shutdowns too, because it's in that database...

    I want to know what's the best way to AUTOMATE jobs like:

        1)startup/shutdown
        2)backup to tape or disk
        3)execute some scripts i've made (like rebuils indexes)

    Does i have to have a separate database to the repository.. ???

    Please explain what's the best structure to have these jobs automated...

Ricardo mail me @ jricardo_at_ipb.pt

"Oracle the edge @ your side" Received on Mon Jul 26 1999 - 13:42:38 CDT