Re: Oracle 8i --- IIOP Connections for deploying EJB

From: Steve Chaplin <deletethissteven.chaplin_at_convergys.com>
Date: 26 Jul 1999 10:47:03 GMT

In article <37910366.9263B707_at_intasys.com>, san_at_intasys.com says...

>Moon Lee wrote:
>> I have set up a Oracle 8i server and configured to use IIOP
>> Connections. However, I can connect to Oracle 8i server thro IIOP
>> locally. When I attempt to connect to it through other machine,
>> connection fails! Can anyone help me to solve this?
>
>The same problem.

I have exactly the same problem using IIOP/CORBA not EJB. I've also had mail from at least one other person with this problem.

I've spent a lot of time in the past with TCP/IP related problems but this one has me stumped. I've run the listener in trace mode and have seen an incoming GIOP connection successfully made. However, the lisener does not seem to be able to connect to the database whose SID was specified in the sess_iiop connect string. Unfortunately, the trace does not show the connect string TNS is trying to use.

Has anyone got this working?

Steve Received on Mon Jul 26 1999 - 05:47:03 CDT