Re: Solaris Kernel Parms

From: Just Visting <guest_at_example.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 00:33:09 GMT

FWIW - The SHMMAX does not pass my "blink" test. I read it to be 4GB where as you have only 1GB RAM. I conclude that you'll need more than 3GB swap to make sure enough "backing store" to hold all your potential virtual memory.

Just this last weekend one of my SPARCS was upgraded from 3GB RAM to 6GB. SHMMAX was set to the 4GB value & Oracle refused to start. I reduced the amount to SHMMAX 4094967295 & then Oracle would start.

HTH & YMMV!