Re: Oracle 8i on Solaris Intel -> Enterprise Ready ???

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu>
Date: 26 Jul 1999 19:35:05 -0400

In article <379BD4F9.1DAD232B_at_bigfoot.com>, Christine R Cooper <Christine_Cooper_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:
>applications. Finding commercial backup software, commercial source
>code control, word processing packages etc.. for Solaris on Intel has
>been a big problem for us. We have also had support issues because we
Have you looked at these...
http://www.sun.com/storage/software/backup.html Sun claims to support all Sun backup devices and Oracle.

http://www.cyclic.com/
CVS is very popular and with Java front-ends you can run it from PC clients.

http://www.stardivision.com/
Fighting the never ending battle to handle MS Office formats.

>Our latest problem has come about because Sun no longer supports our
>server hardware. This hardware is only 1 year old (and cost probably as
Yuck, what vendor and model? Did you ask Sun why it was End of Lifed? Perhaps it was just omitted from the HCL? John
groenveld_at_acm.org Received on Mon Jul 26 1999 - 18:35:05 CDT