Re: CASE sensitive data....

From: Ulrik Hoffmann <ulrik_at_hoffmann-kiel.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:56:00 +0100

Yes, it's case-sensitive on every machine. If you want to match Joe Smith and JoE sMiTH, you have some possibilities

select * from table where upper(first_name)=upper('JoE') and so on.

Oracle cannot use an index choosing this solution. If you want an case-insensitive index but case-sensitive display, you can work with a redundant upper-column.

Lisa Lombardo <llombardo_at_courion.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 379CCA37.5024907C_at_courion.com...