CASE sensitive data....

From: Lisa Lombardo <llombardo_at_courion.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:51:03 -0400

I have Oracle 7.3.4 and 8.0.5 for NT installed on separate machines. I noticed that verification of data against records in the Oracke databases
are CASE-SENSITIVE.

Is this true for ORacle 7.3.4 and 8.0.5 on UNIX systems, as well?

I have a record that has FirstName and Lastname (JOE SMITH and Jane Doe).
I have to type the same letters using the same case as in the DB to match.

Joe Smith does not match JOE SMITH. joe smith does not match JOE SMITH. Only JOE SMITH matches.

I want to know if it is safe to conclude that the same case-sensitivity exists with ORacle databases on UNIX systems.

Please reply here and to my email address above. Received on Mon Jul 26 1999 - 15:51:03 CDT