Re: *************Oracle parallel db backup**********

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:04:56 -0700

Manash

If you already have experience of doing online backups, the only things you need to take into account for OPS are:

  1. Make sure you get the archive logs from both instances
  2. Do the backup from the least loaded node. If you're running active-standby, the standby node is perfect since the backup doesn't cause pinging.

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete