Re: Accessing Oracle Databses using ASP

From: Michael Irving <mtirving_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:56:42 -0400

Ian,

It doesn't look like you used a Data Source. When I connect I use this function...

  Function WIConnect()
    ' On Error Resume Next
    WIConnect = false

    Set objCONN = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")     objCONN.Open "Data Source=<ODBC dsn>", "<user>", "<password>"

    ErrNum = Err.Number
    ErrStr = "Open: " & Err.Description

    If ErrNum = 0 Then
      WIConnect = true