Re: Rebuilding Indexes (Tuning it?)

From: Ulrik Hoffmann <ulrik_at_hoffmann-kiel.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:27:42 +0100

Hi,

if you have the storage parameters, which you mentioned in the other mail (initial 250M next 50M), the db has to allocate 250MB for rebuilding the index. This is maybe the reason for the long time. You need a big temorary tablespace as well. What about the redo-logs?
There are some basic tips on
http://www.hoffmann-kiel.de/stdinst.html

Bye
Uli

NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 379c835e.6656402_at_news.earthlink.net...