dbms_reputil.replication_off fails

From: Kevin J Barnes <kbarnes_at_airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 19:53:45 GMT

I am using O8 1.5 workgroup server (not ee) and have set up snapshot logs on one database with fast refresh snapshots on another.

Everything works fine, updates/changes/deletes are propageted when I run the dbms_repcat.refresh procedure.

The problem comes in when I want to delete rows from the primary database and NOT propagate the deletes. Running dbms_repcat.replication_off does NOT stop the replication process and the mlog$ file is filled up with the deletions.

Is this a bug in 8.1.5 or does replication_off not work with basic replication and I need to go install the advanced replication option?

TIA Kevin Received on Sun Jul 25 1999 - 14:53:45 CDT