Re: 8i archiving question

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 14:49:02 -0400

The log_checkpoint_timeout setting. 1800 seconds is 30 minutes, so you should be getting a checkpoint (and a resulting log switch) every 30 minutes.

See the site below for details about this setting (performance -> instance, look at checkpoints and log buffer).

--
David C. Sisk
Need tech info on Oracle? Visit The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site at http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm Like original music? Listen to song samples and buy a CD at http://www.mp3.com/disparityofcult