Re: Turning ARCHIVELOGMODE off and on

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 14:45:03 -0400

Hi:

What you've suggested will definitely work. Make sure you always get a back up after turning archivelog mode back on, though.

Also, I'm going to assume that you are doing this with Oracle on NT (since you mentioned paradox). Check the site below for info on the Oracle/NT archiving bug (go to the availability -> backup and recovery page).

Regards,

--
David C. Sisk
Need tech info on Oracle? Visit The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site at http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm Like original music? Listen to song samples and buy a CD at http://www.mp3.com/disparityofcult