Re: Grant problem

From: fumi <fumi_at_tpts5.seed.net.tw>
Date: 25 Jul 1999 15:56:12 GMT

AXK <axk_at_fernbach.com> wrote in message news:7n9nbc$87j$1_at_nickel.uunet.be...
> Hello,
>
> when i revoke or grant an role the session have no work.
> I think there are a lock for a object or what is the problem.
> This problem is not each time and comes from time to
> time.
> How can i find the problem? Is this a problem from the
> initial parameters for tuning row cache or other ....

It's correct. Not to worry.
If you revoke or grant a role to another role, or to a user, it takes effect to the current users only when they re-CONNECT or SET ROLE.

Since roles can be hierarchically granted, it would take long time to determinate the enable roles. It's not efficient to check enable roles when users execute every statement, so Oracle just determinate the enable roles when users connect or issue the set role command. Received on Sun Jul 25 1999 - 10:56:12 CDT