Re: TOAD question-I feel dumb asking ..

From: Brad Aisa <baisa_at_istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 10:16:26 -0400

Sam Petitto wrote:

> I have 8i Enterprise Edition, OEM, and trial versions of Data
> Architect(Sybase version of Oracle Designer) and TOAD .. I learned
> modeling on DA in school and like the tool .. I've just spent a couple
> of hours playing with a trial version of TOAD .. I like it, but I'm not
> sure if I need it to fill a hole in my development toolbox or not. Will
> TOAD provide any functionality that the combo of 8i EE, OEM, and DA
> won't ?

TOAD is really well designed and doesn't even require installation (you can just run it off the network.) It is great to have available on the network so you can access the database and do raw SQL from any client PC.

I also find TOAD great for quicky reports and data dumps (print grid/save grid to file).

--
Brad Aisa
baisa_at_NOSPAMistar.ca -- PGP public keys available at: http://keys.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup2?op=index&search=Brad+Aisa

"Laissez faire." Received on Sun Jul 25 1999 - 09:16:26 CDT