TNS:could not resolve service name

From: eric.indiogine <eric.indiogine_at_mciworld.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 05:45:18 GMT

We are trying to install Oracle 7 Workgroup Server on Solaris 2.6.

At the end of the installation we get the following messages:

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
LCC-00161: ORACLE error (possible syntax error) parameter [NULL]
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

We are following the defaults during install and we have all the prerequisites in place.

What are we missing? Thanks for the help!

Eric Indiogine
Parsons Engineering Science, Inc.
Salt Lake City, UT Received on Sun Jul 25 1999 - 00:45:18 CDT