Re: Online Backup with Oracle8

From: manash <manash_at_superlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 20:16:06 EDT

Hi

There are so many scripts available in the net you can see and change it as your requirement
the basic steps are,
1... alter tablespace AAA begin backup;

      (go to to OS and copy the coresponding datafile to your backup dir)

2....alter tablespace  AAA  end backup;
2... do the same  operation for all the table spaces you have;
3.... alter database backup controlfile to 'your backup dir'
4.... alter database switch logfile;
5..... copy archive log files to your backup dir

try manually first.then put in one script and run it, if OK go for cronjob.
hope it will work
please check syntax again
thanks
Dhuraba