Re: Oracle Listener

From: Sudheer K G <kgsudhi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 06:04:53 GMT

Try to define the HOST in ucx or use the TCP/IP address directly instead of HOST name. I am using the address directly.

Oracle Suggests to check for the executable program for the server ("oracle") is not missing and has the required privileges.

In article <7n7vuk$5bh$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jjgormley_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <3796A6F4.A4B91EA4_at_bellsouth.net>,
> Shael Richmond <ksrich_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >
> > Sudheer K G wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > > How can I start the Oracle Listener Automatically when the
> machine
> > > boots up ? I am using OpenVMS 7.1 on Alpha Server. Oracle version
is
> > > 7.3.3.5.
> > >

> > You need to submit it to the batch queue under the Oracle7 user.
> > The system account cannot start the listener or an instance.
> >
> > Shael

> I am having a problem bringing up Listener from within Oracle8
LSNRCTL.
> I am running VMS 7.1h1 on an alpha4000 box, the message is
> Attempted to listen on: (DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_TIMEOUT=10)(ADDRESS=
> (COMMUNITY=TCP
> COM.world)(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=ALPHA3)(PORT=1541)))
> TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
> TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> TNS-00515: Connect failed because target host or object does not
exist
> VMS Error: 76: function not implemented

> Any ideas????

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jul 24 1999 - 01:04:53 CDT