Re: is my SQL*PLUS ok ?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:02:06 -0500

Two suggestions: First, change the length of the line of output by = issuing the SET LINESIZE 100. This set the line length to 100 = characters. Then change the column widths by issuing COLUMN columnname = FORMAT A20 : This sets the alphabetic column to 20 characters wide. To = change number columns, COLUMN columnname FORMAT 9999 will make = columnname five numbers wide.

Hope that helps,
Brian Peasland
peasland_at_msn.com

    Sam Petitto wrote in message <379905DF.E6C0374_at_netsec.net>...     below is a paste of how my DESC(& all other) queries get returned.     The format here is exactly what I get in SQL*Plus window. How to = fix ?

    TIA

    USERNAME                         USER_ID PASSWORD
    ------------------------------ --------- =
------------------------------
    ACCOUNT_STATUS                   LOCK_DATE EXPIRY_DA =
DEFAULT_TABLESPACE
    ORACLE-SV                             37 CF5130885800FC5F
    OPEN                                                 OEM_REPOSITORY
    TEMP                           22-MAY-99 DEFAULT
    DEFAULT_CONSUMER_GROUP

    CTXSYS                                35 24ABAB8B06281B4C
    OPEN                                                 SYSTEM
    SYSTEM                         01-MAR-99 DEFAULT
    DEFAULT_CONSUMER_GROUP     --
=

    Sam Petitto
    Database Engineer