Re: Sql Loader and dates.

From: Theo <theo.horn_at_za.unisys.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 01:20:02 GMT

In article <3796CBD4.C78531AE_at_integral-solutions.fr>,   Ludovic MARLATS <marlats_at_integral-solutions.fr> wrote:
> I have to load files into tables. This files are text files and
includes
> date fields.
> In text files date appears like this :
>
> 16-04-1997 00:00
>
> In the control file (CTL), there is :
>
> VEIDTTARGA DATE(16) "jj-mm-aaaa hh:mm" nullif
> VEIDTTARGA=blanks
>
> But when I start SQLLDR, log file includes the following Error :
>
> Record 1: Rejected - Error on table [name table], column
VEIDTTARGA.

> ORA-01810: format code appears twice
>
> What's wrong with my date format ?

I have not used SQL*Loader much and maybe this answer is complete bull, but shouldn't the date format be in 'normal' Oracle date format? Meaning that your format should look something like 'DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI'. Just a wild shot in the dark.
Theo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 20:20:02 CDT