Standard DES encryption in stored proc/function

From: Glen Upreti <Glen.Upreti_at_nau.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:23:07 -0700

I am new with encryption and all that and I have the need to decrypt a value that is stored in the database. I know what the key(s) are, and the app people claim in their doc that they are using NSA Standard DES.

I was originally going to work with a programmer and have him write the encrypt/decrypt program outside of the rdbms, but then I thought wait what if there already is one for oracle that is within oracle, that would be better, I think...
So I am just curious to see if anyone has comments, suggestions or anything.
Thanks in advance,

Glen
please send a response to my email address. thanks

--
Senior Oracle DBA