Re: Need help with Installing Oracel8.0.5.1 on Linux

From: tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:49:01 -0400

Michael,,

In order to avoid any Installation time problems, I would suggest the following steps :

0. Tune the Linux Kernel Parametes like SHMMAX,SHMMIN etc..
1. Apply the necessary Linux Patches
2.Install Oracle with DO NOT CREATE DB OBJECTS option.
3. Do not Select Oracle Documentation in the Software Manager.You can install it
later.
4. After the Installation is Complete, Apply the glibc patch and probably Reboot

5. Set the ORACLE_SID,ORACLE_HOME,LD_LIBRARY_PATH,PATH,ORACLE_PATH etc 6.Create the DATAbase manually using the crdb Scripts copied from some other Database Installation or write U'r Own...

All the Best..

-Thiru