Need help with Installing Oracel8.0.5.1 on Linux

From: Michael Irving <mtirving_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:00:25 -0400

I'm trying to create a database using the Oracle Installer (on Linux). I've applied the patch for glibc and all goes well UNTIL the installer actually tries to create the damn thing.... I get

and crdbmti.lst says:
ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist LCC-00161: Message 161 not found; product=SVRMGR; facility=MGR

ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist create database "mti"
*
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

Any clues? Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 13:00:25 CDT