Re: Inserting multiple constant rows into a table

From: Vrajesh Patel <vrajesh_p_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:29:08 GMT

You can user insert into foo values ('&bar'); each time will ask for the value bar and can insert the appropriate one.

Thanks,

--
Vrajesh Patel
 MailTo : vrajesh_p_at_hotmail.com

Roy Smith <roy_at_popmail.med.nyu.edu> wrote in message news:roy-2307991144110001_at_qwerky.med.nyu.edu...
: I've got a table with one column:
:
: create table foo
: (
: bar varchar2(10)
: );
:
: which I want to populate with constant values. I could do a bunch of
: insert statements:
:
: insert into foo values ('widget');
: insert into foo values ('doodad');
: insert into foo values ('gizmo');
: etc, etc
:
: but I'm wondering if there's a way to do that in a single insert? Doesn't
: seem to be from what I can tell.
:
: If it matters, I'm running Oracle 8, but am really looking for a portable
: solution.
:
: --
: Roy Smith <roy_at_popmail.med.nyu.edu>
: New York University School of Medicine
: