Identifying host OS block size (HP/UX)

From: Kelly Foster <kelly.foster_at_Gunter.af.mil>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:53:12 -0500

Documentation refers to setting a database block size as a multiple of the host
operating system block size. My SA showed me the results of a fstype -v command which was (in part):

#fstyp -v /dev/dsk/c1t3d0
hfs
f_bsize: 8192
f_frsize: 1024

In planning a (or revamping current) database block size... Should I consider the
OS block size to be 8K or 1K?

Thanks,
Kelly L. Foster
kelly.foster_at_Gunter.af.mil Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 11:53:12 CDT