DB Object naming conventions ??

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:02:42 +0100

I have a number of databases that conform to a number of naming conventions for different objects in the database

e.g. Datafiles

        Tablespaces
        Foriegn Keys
        Unique Keys
        Primary Keys
        Rollback Segment  etc

Are there any industry wide naming conventions - even informally keep to ones. What I want to do is establish some best practice and gradually work over to it. If there are widely used ones we can make use of it will ease the understanding of any new staff or contractors.

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd. Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 11:02:42 CDT