Re: Roll Oracle 7.3.4 SYSDATE forward

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 16:58:31 +0800

Eric San Andres wrote:

> Pete Sharman wrote:
>
> > Eric
> >
> > SYSDATE is derived from the OS date. The easiest way to change it is at
> > the OS level.
> >
> > HTH.
> >
> > Pete
> >
> > eric_peterson_at_maurices.inrg.com wrote:
> >
> > > We are in the midst of performing some final Y2K compliance testing.
> > > Does anyone know if it is possible to roll SYSDATE on the database
> > > forward without having to roll the system date on the hardware
> > > forward? My thoughts are it is probably impossible. But, if anyone
> > > has any info, please let me know.
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > Eric Peterson
> > > Programmer/Analyst DBA
> > > Maurices Inc.
> > > eric_peterson_at_maurices.inrg.com
> > >
> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Share what you know. Learn what you don't.
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >
> > Pete

> > Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
> > Project Manager
> > Oracle University, Consulting and Vertical Education
> > Oracle Corporation
> >
> > Pete Sharman
> > Project Manager
> > Oracle University, Consulting and Vertical Education
> > Oracle Corporation
> > 500 Oracle Parkway M/S OPL-B1024
> > Redwood Shores k£(
> > California E%20DBA%20Handbook%20%20%3D%0D%0A%09%3D0D%3D0A%3D%0D%0AWork: +1.650.607.0109
> > 94065
> > USA
> > **** The statements and opinions expressed here are my **** **** own and do not necessarily represent those of **** **** Oracle Corporation. **** "Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook "Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA
> > Additional Information:
> > Last Name Sharman
> > First Name Peter
> > Version 2.1
>
> hello,
> we have multiple databases.. and we do not want other databases to be affected
>
> thanks

there is a parameter called 'fixed_date' in init.ora

(From Server Reference)

FIXED_DATE
Default value:

NULL Allows you to set a constant for SYSDATE in the format YYYY-MM-DD-HH24:MI:SS. Also accepts the default Oracle date format, without a time. Specify the value with double quotes (but not single quotes) or without any quotes; for example, FIXED_DATE = "30-nov-95" or FIXED_DATE = 30-nov-95. This parameter is useful primarily for testing.

--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 03:58:31 CDT