ORACLE 8.0.5 Backuping Datawarehouses

From: <sparik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 10:53:42 GMT

Has anyone used RMAN with a Datawarehouse environment under unix. We have about 500Gb of data that needs to be backed up. The database operates in th 24x7 environment. Traditionally we have always used Cold Backups with Disk Cloning. Hotbackup would generate hugh redo logs. I would be interested to know what backup types people in a similar environment such as ours use.

Sanjeev Parikh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 05:53:42 CDT