Re: deprecated connect internal

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:23:33 +0100

The connect to SYSTEM will work as it is; however it is not 'the new method'. SYSTEM is a different user. If you wish to connect to SYS as you would have by using INTERNAL the replacement/equivalent command is 'CONNECT / AS SYSDBA;' Well that's what I was told on my 'not too ancient' DBA oracle course and documentation and discussion I have read recently has confirmed. I am open to any informed correction as always.

Regards
--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd. external-news <alex_at_alenda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:7n9apb$1uo$1_at_taliesin.netcom.net.uk...