Re: Problem with nightly batch job against a 1.5Gig table. Also BITMAP prob

From: james scharpf <j.scharpf_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 00:54:58 -0400

Hello,
IMHO, defragmenting the table may help, but only marginally. I can't imagine why you can't create a bitmap index - Pursue this first. Depending on the selectivity and distribution of values of the column 'drop_add_v', query performance should increase significantly. As far as an index on all three columns, this may help, but depends somewhat on what percentage of the rows in the table meet the select criterion. Perhaps if you post the CREATE BITMAP INDEX syntax and associated error message...

james
j.scharpf_at_worldnet.att.net