Re: GMS problem on IBM SP2

From: Cho, Hyon-Hyok <cho2h_at_kt.co.kr>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:22:21 +0900

Hi, We are using oracle 8.0.1 on IBM SP 89nodes. Most of the GMS error based on IBM damon failure, in my experience. First check the IBM daemon( hags, rvsdd, haemd, hc, hcd, hatsd )

                        and oracle process(opsd, ogms)
When this process does not stable, Instance that has transactions related nodes,
will die. Because of OPS architecture(shared everything) this symtoms can't avoid.
Ogms does not start automatically when you startup. by typing "opsctl start", you can start it. and sometimes you can find duplucated ogms process. In this case you can't startup your instance. by typing "opsctl stop", should stop the ogms.

If you are using many nodes, I would not recommend oracle......It's a terrible dream....