Re: default setup passwords 8i

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:06:21 -0700

Wilco

There is a supported way to change the DBSNMP password and it SHOULD be done, because the DBSNMP user is too highly privileged to leave with the default password. The steps are:

  1. Stop the agent
  2. Change the password of DBSNMP in the database.

    Note: <service name is the fully qualified TNS alias, such as

             mydb.world; not the SID.

d. Change file permissions on snmp_rw.ora to 640 (eliminate world read)

e. Start the agent

You should see two DBSNMP sessions in each database on the node (as long it has been discovered by the agent). If you don't see the DBSNMP sessions, check the settings in the snmp_rw.ora file.

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete