Re: Problem having Oracle8 and Oracle7 on the same machine

From: Wilco Oosterom <wilco_at_motor.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:09:53 +0200

Andrew,

Perhaps it's advisable to look at README.TXT files:

Oracle 8+ have to be installed each in their own Oracle_Home (\ORA7, \ORA80, \ORA81 etc)
Be aware that if you are installing OEM on the same machine also, you will need even another Oracle_home for that. Rescuiing your system now: Backup your 7 and 8 Datafiels, controlfiles etc
Remove 8
remove 7
reinstall 7 (in c:\ora73 for example)
reinstall 8 (in c:\ora81 for example)

restart the databases. for starting a 7 database be sure you switch your ORACLE_HOME environmant to the 7 one, a utility is suplied (Switch Oracle home).

Wilco