Multi - master replication with updatable snapshots ??

From: <sudhi_b_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 22:34:47 GMT

Hi,

I will be shortly setting up a Oracle replication architecture using both multimaster replication and updateable snapshots. We are considering an architecture having three primary sites, with multimaster replication amongst the primaries; each primary site will support multiple subsidiary sites having updateable snapshots.

Doing a dejanews search and following posts by the resident replication gurus turned up a lot of useful tips (conflict resolution, training, planning etc). What surprised me was the fact there seem to be no discussions on multi -master replication using updateable snapshots. Are there any known caveats against such a configuration?? Specifically I would like some pointers on..

  1. I read in one of the posts that administering more than 18 sites in a multi master mode is difficult. Any experiences to share on this would be great !!
  2. Has anybody deployed production systems using a similar configuration ?? Any real world examples and info/pointers on the the pitfalls and lessons learned, the effort required, and the scale of the mplementation (number of master sites, number of snapshots) would be very helpful.

TIA. tar
_Sudhi

 Whatever you do will be insignificant but it is very important that  you do it.

          Mahatma Gandhi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 17:34:47 CDT