Installation of oracle 8i on NT 4

From: Munish <munish_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:19:09 GMT

Hi,

   I was given the task of installing oracle 8i on NT 4. I just ordered NT server w/512 memory, 30G disk, 2 cards. Now the question is that I have never installed a database before. I tried to look for a book on 8i but I couldnt find any and oracle classes are 2 months away.
When installing oracle 8i on NT what should I look for. What are pitfalls I should watch out for. Any help will be appreciated. Is SP3 better or should I go with SP4.

Thanks
Munish

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 14:19:09 CDT