High CPU and I/O used by ORA_AGENT ????

From: <ravidahiya_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:44:35 GMT

Hi,
I would appreciate if someone share their experience about the ORA_AGENT on VMS, UNIX or NT.

We have just started installating Oracle 8.0.5 on Alpha / Open VMS 7.1. I create a small Test database with almost all default values.

The Oracle intelligent agent process ORA_AGENTWORK is taking very high CPU time (30 min.) Disk I/O (2850322) in 25 Hrs. up time for the instance.

This is the highest for any process on VMS. All this time nobody connected to the DB through Enterprise Manager and few SQLs from SQLPLUS.

Thanks,
Ravi.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 12:44:35 CDT