listener question

From: <farrellyr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:53:49 GMT

I'm having trouble connecting to our database, using tcp/ip connection. I have installed sqlnet, tcp adapter on the client, the tcp protocol has been installed on the server. I can ping the server. Using openVMS6.1, how can I tell that the listener is listening for a tcp connection to be made? I have issued 'reload listener', but I'm not sure if the new tcp protocol was picked up. We also have Decnet on and it is working fine. Any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 11:53:49 CDT