Re: ODBC vs Pro*c or OCI

From: winghead <winghead_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:19:06 GMT

I have programmed using Pro*C for 4+ years. I can tell you that it will provide you with the code that will be the easiest to maintain because it's syntax matches with Oracle's syntax when using SQL*Plus. I have seen only snippets of OCI code. I'm sure it will provide the best performance, but it is very complex. Through SQL tuning and a good schema design, you should be able to meet your performance objective since it seems you will be running it on a UNIX platform.

Best of Luck!
HAP
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= All that is visible must grow beyond itself and extend into the realm of the invisible.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 08:19:06 CDT