DB Link Problem - Error ORA-2072 with 2 V8.0.5 Production Releases

From: Gudrun Komischke <Gudrun.Komischke.GK_at_bayer-ag.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:40:00 +0200

Hello,

I have created a database link between 2 databases on different hosts
(SGI-Unix to VMS/Alpha). Both hosts with Oracle Release 8.0.5.0.0 -
Production:

Create database link MUELL connect to ... identified by ... using 'MAU';

When Using the link with a select statement, e.g. "select * from Tabelle_at_MUELL;"
I get the ErrorMessage:

ORA-2072 distributed database network protocol mismatch

The Oracle manual tells me to upgrade one Version but the versions should be the same and with "sqlplus ../.._at_MAU" I can get a normal connection to the linked database.

Can anyone help me ?
Maybe there is an error the SGI-ORACLE-Installation Configuration ? Because I have also a problem starting net8asst.sh
(Error:net8asst.sh[46]:

/oracle/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/network/src/NetAsst/classes/oracle/network/config/container: not found
Can't find class NetApplication)

Thanks,
Gudrun Komischke Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 01:40:00 CDT