Updates to the "Unofficial Oracle on NT" site...

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:20:09 -0400

Hello comrades:

After a mere 6 months, I've finally added to new info to the UONT site (link below). New items you'll find:

  1. A sure-to-be-controversial article on storage management, including info on reorgs (why and why not). Find it by following the performance -> storage link.
  2. A SQL and CMD script to rebuild all user indexes. Follow links to the downloads -> rebuild indexes page.
  3. An NT executable to evaluate user indexes for rebuild, and generate the necessary script. I've also included the C source code so that Unix shops can compile for their platform. The source uses the Oracle7 OCI, so compiling for Unix brands should be easy work. (Please send me feedback on your results.) In the next couple of months, I hope to revise this utility to support the Oracle8 OCI and to support rebuild of partitioned indexes.

Thanks for all the kind comments. Please keep your feedback (good or bad) coming!

Best regards,
--
David C. Sisk
The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site