Obtaining the time zone for an Oracle DB/Server

From: <mspoonau_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:11:00 GMT

Does anyone know of a means by which to programmatically obtain the time zone that is associated with a particular Oracle database and/or server?

We are receiving date/time-sensitive data from a third-party application that is formatted as the number of milliseconds since January 1, 1970 00:00:00 GMT, and we need to convert it while executing an Oracle Forms 4.5 application into a value that is appropriate to whatever time zone that is used by the Oracle database and/or server to store date/time-sensitive data. Because the Oracle Forms application does not honor the time zone of the client, we are currently not pursuing the conversion of the data to match the time zone of the client machine.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 16:11:00 CDT