Re: Installing oracle 8i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:17:28 +0200

Hi Mark,
In pre-8i days this parameter was located in %ORACLE_HOME%\database\init<sid>.ora ( $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/init<sid>.ora) and usually is something like
mts_dispatchers="tcp,1".
I could imagine this error is returned when a) the network protocol has not been installed at all b) the listener.ora file has not been configured for the protocol. mts is also assuming the listener is running. Check your OracleTNSListener service.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA