Re: CREATE TABLE with LIMITED RECORDS

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:43:32 GMT

If you mean limiting the load, if the size of the records are such that the storage requirement for 50 records is less than 10K (5 db block buffers at 2k per block, the default on most systems), you may not be able to.

Basically, allocate the space for the table such that it has only one extent, and that extent is just large enough for 50 records.

--
Joseph R.P. Maloney, CCP,CSP,CDP
MPiR, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 13:43:32 CDT