Personal Oracle 7.3.3.0.0 under NT and 95: incompatibility ?

From: Anna Sotnichenko <annasony_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:25:24 GMT

I have 2 operating systems (Win NT 4.0 Workstation and Windows 98) installed on my computer.
So Personal Oracle 7.3.3.0.0 was installed twice in 2 separate directories (Orawin95 and Orant).
I must mention that both installations were performed from one and the same disk.
I created all database files (data files and control files) during installation under 98 and I was able to work with these files under both systems.
Several days ago I added a datafile to one of the tablespaces (ALTER TABLESPACE ... ADD DATAFILE ...). The file was added under NT. With this configuration I have been working under NT until today and didn't experience any problems.
Today I tried to open my database under Win 98 and suddenly Oracle for 95 failed to open this particular file. The following is an extract from a trace file:

ORA-01157: cannot identify data file 21 - file not found
ORA-01110: data file 21: 'D:\ORADATA\MODEL\IND2MODEL.ORA'
ORA-09202: sfifi: error identifying file
OSD-04004: invalid file header

Does this mean that there is no full compatibility between files created by Personal Oracle for NT and Personal Oracle for Win 95? Another question: what should I do to get out of this situation and be able to work with the same database under both systems? Of course, I can perform a full export - /drop tablespace - recreate the tablespace and all database structures under Win 98 - perform full import.
But it is VERY painful!!!

Please advise
Thanks in advance Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 12:25:24 CDT