How to get add'l startup-error info?

From: Waco Johnny D <anonymous_at_web.remarq.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 08:21:40 -0800

Hi all,

How, with a svrmgrl "startup" command, do I get additional debug information when the database fails to start? Is there a hidden switch to the "startup" command that will print additional debug information, or is there a table Oracle writes somewhere that might contain the same?

I did a quick scan of the online (CDrom-based) docs but couldn't find anything really relevant.

Thanks in advance,
WJD