Re: Timing out connections?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:15:28 -0400

Douglas Whitacre wrote:

> Is there a way to close connections to the database after a timeout period?
> I have a case were developers don't always clean up connections to the
> database and I need to get rid of connections over 5 hours old. Any helpful
> hints is greatly appreciated.

Check to see what profile is assigned to the users and then modify that profile using:

alter profile xxx limit idle_time 300;

(300 minutes = 5 hours).

I strongly suggest that if they are not currently assigned to a profile other than the default profile that you create a new profile with the settings you want and then assign that profile to the users. Modifying the default profile may have effects that you may not anticipate.

Ken Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 10:15:28 CDT