Webforms and balancing -- help!

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:56:41 GMT

Hi. I would like to post this question again -- if anyone has any knowledge in this area, your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone. I have a query regarding deploying Developer Forms and  Reports on the Web. I am using Oracle Web Server 3 and  Developer 1.6.  1) Oracle web Server (Enterprise Edition) has "sophisticated" load-balancing techniques. In addition, Forms server has a product called "Metric Server" which also provided load-balancing.  So my question is how does the load-balancing of the Web server interact with the Metric Server? Can I use both when deploying my forms or must I use Metric Server?     2) WeB Server 3 does not support transactions. Yet I can use forms applications and transactions. This makes me believe that indeed when deploying forms on the Web, I'm not really using the Application server for the transactions - In other words, the Oracle Web server is purely used as a listener only. This would explain my first question. Is this true?   3) Do I need Oracle Web Server to use Forms Metric Server or can I use say Microsoft IIS as the listener and still use the balancing available from Metric Server?

 4) I just wonder if WEBDB supports transactions

Thanks for the help  Coakleyj

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 08:56:41 CDT