Re: Oracle8i - Problem with Windows NT Authentication

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_no.spam.iac.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 12:49:35 GMT

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:54:47 +0200, "Agnes Sauerer" <agnes.sauerer_at_pentasys.de> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I have a question!!!
>I'm using Oracle8i, Release 8.1.5, Windows NT 4.0 SP5, and have a problem
>with Windows NT Authentication.
>
>I am a Windows NT Administrator and automatic OS Database Administrators -
>Computer but
>I can`t access my Databases.
>
>According to the Oracle Documentation, OS Database Administrators - Computer
>are
>"Windows NT users who can access all database instances on a single computer
>with SYSDBA privileges and without being prompted for a password."
>
>Iīve set the INIT.ORA parameter OS_ROLES to TRUE and restarted the Oracle
>database,
>but I canīt access the database as a Windows NT Administrator.
>
>Have I forgotten anything???
>I'd like to be able to access Oracle automatically with Windows NT
>Authentication.
>
>Thank you very much in advance!
>
>Agnes Sauerer

Did you set the OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX? We set it to null ("") so the Oracle username is the same as the Windows username.

Also, when you create the Oracle user, you must specify IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY. --
Mark Wagoner
To reply, remove no.spam from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 07:49:35 CDT