Problems with QuickTime files!

From: <robert.bowen_at_mubimedia.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:30:52 GMT

Has anyone ever had a problem with Oracle Web Server not serving Quicktime files? I configured the MIME type in the web listener to look for files with the extension .mov to use video/quicktime but all it does it prompt me to download!

It only happens in Netscape, Explorer works fine. Which would lead me to believe it's the Navigator and not the server. But when I put the same files on a different server (IIS) Netscape displays the files no problem! The files also display fine loaded locally...

The *really* strange thing is that I had one file that worked in Netscape which no longer works after changing its name! not its extension, just its name! And others stopped working after ftp'ing new copies of them! I don't know, I was using binary to send the files...

Very strange stuff... Again, all is fine in Explorer! Anyone have a clue? Thanks...

syg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 06:30:52 CDT